Journeyman Tool and Die
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool and Die Journeyman is responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of production tooling.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair single hit, transfer and progressive dies
- Repair and upkeep all dies
- Fabricate, fit and assemble die components and punches into die assemblies
- Troubleshoot in the press area as well as the tool room
- Operate all tool room equipment safely (Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Heat Treat Oven, Etc.)
- Perform routine die maintenance including sharpening and replacing worn or broken die components
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
- Safely operate overhead crane and forklift
- Participate, recommend, and initiate continuous improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education
- Journeyman card
- Experience in a metal stamping operation is preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug screen and physical
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.