Journeyman Plastics Injection Mold Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Ventra Evart, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool and Die Specialist is responsible for injection mold maintenance, repair and mechanical function.
- Follow and maintain all policies, procedures, work instructions and forms including mold work orders and preventive maintenance documents.
- Disassembly and assembly of molds to repair and/or perform preventive maintenance.
- Ensure molds are in proper mechanical working order.
- Diagnose problems and determine corrective actions.
- Examine molded parts and molds to determine feasibility of modifications.
- Modify and/or adjust molds for processing/engineering/functionality purposes.
- Welding, spotting, benching, polishing, drilling, machining and fitting.
- Electrical repair including hot runner manifolds, cables, limit switches, etc.
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic cylinder repair.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeyman Mold Maker certification.
- Fork Lift and Crane Certifications.
- LOTO procedures.
- Internal applicants must satisfactorily pass the Skilled Trades Aptitude test.
- Detailed knowledge of:
- Mold construction.
- Welding and spotting, micro and laser welding knowledge helpful.
- High polish knowledge helpful.
- Hot runner function and repair including electric, hydraulic and pneumatic valve gates.
- Operating experience with lathes including cutting threads, vertical milling machines, surface grinder and other metal working equipment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.