- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The IT Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent future problems
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, email and text in a courteous manner
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician
- Record, Track and document- help desk request, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final resolution
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and report all finding and final resolutions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years work experience in related field required
- Recommended certificates in information systems
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows from XP to current version
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (60 lbs from time to time and 25 lbs regularly)
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment
- Available for support calls 24/7
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3760