- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Ventra Fowlerville LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Fowlerville, a division of Flex-N-Gate, is looking to fill an The Information Technology (IT) Technician. The successful candidate, in this role, will ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. The position will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, email and text in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document - help desk request, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final resolution.
- Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and report all finding and final resolutions.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up, with users and supervisor.
- Available for support calls 24/7
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent; certificates in information systems; completion of a one-year college level curriculum and 2-4 years work experience in a related field and/or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 8.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly dependable.
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Able to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3364