- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Flex-N-Gate Oklahoma, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
This facility is a three shift operation, therefore, candidate must be willing and available to work any shift.
- Energy and Stress
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Performance Management
- Ethics and Integrity
Flex-N-Gate Training Requirements
- 00003 New Employee Orientation
- Master Procedure Flow
- Solid Waste Handling & Disposal
- Review of Projects
- Safe Purchasing
- Quality Management Systems - CQAM.00001 Quality Management Systems Manual
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, email and text in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document - help desk request, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final resolution.
- Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and report all finding and final resolutions.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up, with users and supervisor.
- Available for support calls 24/7
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 year work experience in related field required.
- Recommended certificates in information systems
- Recommended completion of a one-year college level curriculum
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 8
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly dependable
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Assist users in production areas while limiting impact of production flow.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, hand tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (60 lbs. from time to time and 25 lbs. regularly), such as computers, servers, battery backups and other peripherals.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful conditions.
- Agility to work in manufacturing environment, close quarters and multi-task.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.