IT Network Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Flex-N-Gate Management, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Network Administrator’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks, and to manage the related network infrastructure internally and externally. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests, and responding to directives for new network topology requirements as necessary. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools. Regular duties involve proper monitoring of relevant network components, and the appropriate maintenance thereof.
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings.
- Coordinate with the rest of the MIS team to meet the team objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Available for support calls 24/7.
- Travel when needed or required.
- Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience
- 2-4 years’ work experience in related field
- At least 2-4 years of experience working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANS, Ethernet, SONET, switching, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Strong analytical ability
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skill
- Proven good presentation skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.