IT Cybersecurity Technician (Afternoon Shift)
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Cybersecurity Technician’s role is to monitor and respond to alerts from cybersecurity systems in a timely fashion. This includes working in the UTM/IDR and Antivirus solutions for visibility into concerning activity in the company environment, related investigation and remediation and effective reporting and communication with the Information Technology Security Team. It also includes creation of documentation for the Cybersecurity Team. Incidents must be investigated in real-time as they occur in our environment and triaged for criticality. This work must be performed in close conjunction with other experts in related infrastructure disciplines (Messaging/Communications, Hosting/Virtualization, Network, Active Directory/Authentication, Endpoint Security, etc.).
- Monitor UTM/IDR and Antivirus systems using required displays (dashboards), alerts/reporting.
- Monitors firewall logs and other relevant security logs to review for threats, anomalies, intrusions and/or abnormal connection behavior. Investigates, reports and escalates issues as required to Cybersecurity staff and management.
- Participates in incident response, computer forensics, data preservation and investigations related to network breaches and/or unauthorized access of data.
- Supports regular and special reporting and analysis, including reports of vulnerabilities, risks, control deficiencies, remediation strategies, and performance metrics.
- Configures and tests security related technologies. Troubleshoots and corrects security and data related problems.
- Helps maintain configuration records and documentation, including security operations and maintenance, incident control, cyber incident response procedures, and other standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provides security related technical support to users and assists with the research, testing, evaluation, and implementation of security tools, systems, and processes.
- Reviews external threat intelligence feeds from cybersecurity agencies; sends alerts and coordinates with responsible parties to patch high risk vulnerabilities.
- Resolves technical issues via phone, email, remote tools or in-person support.
- Assists with the implementation and management of cybersecurity measures, including email security, data loss prevention, and vulnerability management.
- Assists with cybersecurity training program and phishing campaigns.
- Help create and maintain necessary documentation for the FNG Cybersecurity Team.
- Communicate and report effectively with the Information Technology Cybersecurity team, consult immediately where situations demand this level of escalation.
- Stay apprised of current industry trends and news related to breaches, share this information in the regular reporting.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by the IT Cyber Security Manger or Global IT Director.
- Ensure confidentiality of info encountered in all security platforms.
- Available for emergency requirements 24/7.
- English language written and verbal communication proficiency
- Technical college diploma
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.