IT Cyber Security Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Cyber Security Specialist’s role is to ensure comprehensive best practices as relates to information security across multiple company platforms. This includes managing the UTM/IDR solution for visibility into concerning activity in the company environment, related investigation and remediation, effective reporting and communication with the IT Director, creation of documentation for the Cybersecurity team, acting chairperson of the Cybersecurity committee, research and development as new platform needs are required. This work must be performed in close conjunction with other experts in related infrastructure disciplines (Messaging/Communications, Hosting/Virtualization, Network, Active Directory/Authentication, Endpoint Security, etc).
- Administer and manage UTM/IDR system, creating and maintaining required displays (dashboards), alerts/reporting, workflows, connectivity to APIs/other systems
- Investigate incidents in real-time as they occur in our environment, triaging for criticality
- Create and maintain necessary documentation for the FNG Cyber Security team, organize and train other team members as necessary.
- Work closely with endpoint security/AV team to ensure machine level protection (Sentinel 1)
- Communicate and report effectively with the IT Director, consult immediately where situations demand this level of escalation.
- Stay apprised of current industry trends and news related to breaches, share this information in the regular reporting, and communicate when actions must be taken immediately.
- Make recommendations for environmental/process improvements, implement as directed.
- Ensure facility level compliance with cyber security directives
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Available for emergency requirements 24/7.
- English language written and verbal communication proficiency
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security and/or
- At least two years experience in an information security discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Strong working knowledge of network programs.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6390