IT Cable Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Management LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for cabling and termination of Cat3, Cat5, Cat6, CATV, Fiber and various other wiring disciplines. The position includes the testing and troubleshooting of wiring problems.
- Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Physically install security camera cables
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, NEC, NFPA and local and Low Voltage Code.
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment.
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices.
- Perform work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Attend training and safety meetings. Work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment. Demonstrate safe working practices.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to demonstrate good writing skills.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builts, providing labor summary reports, etc.
- Order and inventory materials.
- Develop project plan including required materials, deliver schedules, completion schedules.
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures
- 2 years of directly related experience
- 2 years of electrical installation experience
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components
- Network, VOIP, Wireless, and Video Experience considered a Major Plus
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be available to travel when needed. (Access to company vehicle or rental will be provided, as necessary, for work related travel.)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.