- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Administrator’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks, and to manage the related server systems infrastructure internally and externally. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests, and responding to directives for new server topology requirements as necessary. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools. Regular duties involve proper monitoring of relevant Server components, and the appropriate maintenance thereof.
- Administer a small, uniform site alone and assists in the administration of a larger system.
- Perform problem determination and resolution on all problems.
- Software support focus within the server activity, primarily within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Manage local and external server resources as necessary.
- Respond to topology change requirements in a timely manner.
- Monitor and follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure proper and efficient resolution or to update the client as to the current status.
- Notify appropriate management of priority problems and subsequent resolution.
- Utilize all tools necessary to monitor systems components and perform other daily duties.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Record, track and document – help desk requests, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT members on the resolution.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base for future reference and end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Provide assistance with testing new equipment and systems.
- Available for support calls 24/7
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ work experience in related field
- Certifications from accredited schools in computer systems
- Knowledge of advance computer hardware and applications software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Applications.
- Proficiency in Virtual Machine deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting to include: Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Proficiency in Backup systems to include: Veeam
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ideal candidates would have experience in a manufacturing environment, dealing with shop floor stations, display boards, scan guns both Bluetooth / Display screen, network devices, access points, card readers and Datamax/Zebra printers.
- Ideal candidates would have accredited certifications through either a University program, CompTia, VMWare, Veeam University, and / or Microsoft.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.