Inventory Control Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Inventory Control Supervisor will, under limited supervision, manage and coordinate the activities of the Inventory Control for designated FNG Plant in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. They will do this by overseeing, executing, and/or supporting all activities related to creating and sustaining inventory accuracy in our ERP Database (CMS).
This position participates fully in department initiatives and the coaching, training and mentoring of the department team members. This position will work closely with various cross-functional teams within Flex-N-Gate, such as: Finance, Engineering, Program Management, Supply Chain, Quality, and Manufacturing.
- Lead and execute all activities related to achieving the following Scorecard Goals or Key Performance Indicators:
- Absolute and Net Inventory Accuracy
- Cycle Count Program Compliance
- Inventory Accuracy Audit Program
- Negative Inventory
- Within the stated Monthly Scorecard Goals, this individual will demonstrate and lead the facility towards excellence in the major direct inventory transactions such as; Receiving, Shipping, Supplier Returns, BOM’s, Production Reporting, Customer Returns, Outside Service Providers (Consigned Material Mgmt), and Scrap Transactions.
- Develop and own the execution of the Plant Cycle Count Program for Direct Material.
- Conduct frequent analysis of a variety of data to draw actionable conclusions on opportunities for improvement related to direct inventory transactions.
- Work closely with necessary cross-functional teams, such as Manufacturing and Finance, on problem solving and resolutions related to inventory variances.
- Maintain and develop manufacturing plant processes which shall support and deliver excellence in direct material inventory transactions.
- Maintain and create Bills of Material (BOM’s) for all production products.
- Supervise, Lead, and Coach Cycle Counters and Inventory Control Analyst, towards achieving department goals and key performance indicators.
- Lead the planning and execution for Annual Physical Inventory Events. Attend and/or lead periodic team meetings as required – with a strong focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Embraces a continuous improvement approach with high levels of integrity and performance for his/herself and others (co-workers, suppliers, customers, etc.).
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of Flex-N-Gate’s ERP System – CMS.
- Supports Shipping and Receiving areas as required to help assure the integrity of the inventory transactions.
- Demonstrates a high level of transactional analytical ability as it relates to the control of direct material inventory assets. Special duties as required.
- Minimum of a four-year College degree or equivalent training in a related field - preferably with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering/Management, or Managerial Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of four years work experience in a manufacturing or supply chain management environment, with specific experience in direct material ERP systems.
- APICS or ISM Certification preferred.
- Tier 1 or OEM Automotive Supply Chain Experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of ERP Systems – CMS preferred, an ERP system required.
- Prior demonstration in the ability to positively influence others as a change agent and coach.
- Human relations skills to lead a team oriented department and excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with a high attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenges and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.