Intern - Materials Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- Inventory expert, working with ERP systems to troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and monitor inventory accuracy
- General knowledge of PPAP, TS16949, ISO14001, MSDS, CTPAT and Health & Safety requirements
- On-call from the plant by cell phone after hours
- Maintain minimum inventory levels and monitor for accuracy regularly with cycle counts
- Work as a team with Manufacturing to designate storage locations for all purchased components, Steel, Aluminum and packaging. Maintain Maps and charts for plant level reference
- Verify receipt data entry from Receivers and monitor FIFO of raw materials throughout the plant
- May assist in training of Receivers on receiving into CMS and other databases, as required
- CMS database-Inventory expert. Troubleshooting inventory discrepancies, understanding transactions in inventory database and root cause analysis
- Ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times
- Coordinate various outbound shipments related to vendors/production (i.e. Scrap processor, returnable containers; materials for out of house tryouts).
- Report monthly Supplier Performance and summarize for QOS reporting
- Work with Quality Supervisors on supplier quality issues. (Ensure that production is protected)
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Make pick lists to pull shipments and verify loads
- Bill shipper and transmit ASN
- Confirm service loads on internet and set up transportation
- Vendor returns and carrier claims
- Transmit service shipments through internet
- Report by documenting all shipments on the Carrier Control Form
- Public relations refers to helping our employees, vendors, salesmen, etc., while displaying good judgment, tact, and courtesy.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- 2 years Inventory control experience
- Experience with steel / aluminum is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals. Overtime as required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.