- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The intern hired for these positions should expect to learn all facets of consistent with the area of study and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge.
Exposure to all relevant duties consistent with the department for which the Intern is working Core Competencies
- Critical Thinking
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Analytical Skills
- Must be a major in area of studies such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Quality, Electrical, Chemical, Optics, Lighting or Welding engineering
- Ability to use MS Office, Mini Tab, AutoCAD & other analytical and planning tools
- Possesses strong analytic and statistic skills
- Has ability to work independently
- Read drawings, and engineering instructions
- Apply knowledge of engineering science and technology
- Identify problems, develop and evaluate options to implement solutions
- Work with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary
- Listens effectively to manufacturing personnel to assess problems and solutions
- Participate in department training programs
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.