Injection Moulding Set-Up Technician
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This is a fast paced moulding facility and is a union position. The Set-up Technician is responsible for installing/setting moulds, moulding machines, develop robots process, develop injection processes till good parts are produced and providing ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting during production.
- Set-up/install moulds using proper rigging techniques, crane, hand tools and various equipment
- Processing and troubleshooting of injection molding machines of 20 - 2200 ton press sizes based on material and part being produced
- Starts tools/machines, diagnoses moulding problems, conducts initial trouble shooting during production and corrects as required until good parts are produced
- Develop and modify robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Records and maintains records as required
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- Have a working knowledge of plastic injection moulding
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Grade 12
This position may require hot work, standing up to 100%, lifting up to 75 lbs, overhead work, kneeling, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.