Information Technology Microsoft Exchange Manager
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Microsoft Exchange Manager is responsible for management of Hybrid environment with Office 365 - Exchange Online and integration with on premise Exchange environment. The successful candidate will support the organization via administration and support of a multi-forest/domain Active Directory Domain Services. This person/position will sit at our Canadian Corporate office.
- Strong hands on experience in complex Microsoft Exchange enterprise environment.
- Deep understanding, experience and knowledge in Exchange 2016 - Exchange Online.
- Experience in supporting a Hybrid environment with Office 365 - Exchange Online and integration with on premise Exchange environment.
- Patch and configuration management of MS Exchange configuration of exchange policies, SMTP relay and Email routing.
- Mail routing/management, configuration of SMTP connectors.
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP) and Microsoft Exchange Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).
- Provide on-call support for the e-mail and AD environments.
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities as required.
- Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Monitor Windows servers and troubleshoot problems.
- Enforce change management and compliance processes.
- Work as a technical resource on assigned projects with testing and response.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor, or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner consistent with business standards.
- Willing and able to respond to emergency outages 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s server operating systems.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and network requirements.
- Constantly monitor and assess network utilization and server resources.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform database normalization and replication procedures.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
- Control and monitor server maintenance and security including appropriate licensing of software.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential network enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required and support management in all IT needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or related work experience may be substituted for education.
- Five (5) years’ experience with Microsoft Exchange administration in a large enterprise organization (10,000+ employees).
- Five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration and troubleshooting in a large multi-site environment.
- Experience with other components of Office 365.
- Experience supporting mobile e-mail devices and security; experience supporting, maintaining and administering core Microsoft Technologies including Windows Server; strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; effective organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Expert level PowerShell proficiency is required for this role.
- MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging)).
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Strong working knowledge of network programs.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.