Information Technology Manager
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Manager is responsible to plan, initiate and manage information technology and for mentoring and guiding the IT department to ensure all related network server resources are reliable and are being maintained within the facility.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity
- Engineer Hardware and Software solutions for operational needs.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s server operating systems.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and network requirements.
- Constantly monitor and assess network utilization and server resources.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Ensure that hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
- Provide support for development processes by participating in data modeling sessions and advising about database design or use of objects.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform database normalization and replication procedures.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
- Control and monitor server maintenance and security including appropriate licensing of software.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential network enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required and support management in all IT needs.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- Minimum community college diploma, preferably in a related field and/or
- Two years systems experience in a network environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Strong working knowledge of network programs.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.