- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Intern's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent future problems.
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document - help desk request, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final resolution.
- Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and report all finding and final resolutions.
- 2 - 3 month Coop position
- Recommended completion of a one-year college level curriculum
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 7 and 10
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly dependable
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3730