Information Technology Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are currently looking to fill for an Information Technology Administrator. This is currently a 1 year position with the possibility of becoming a full time position.
The Information Technology Administrator’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level. Regular duties involves support for JIT (Just in Time) automotive sequencing operation. This includes setup and monitoring of relevant components like servers, workstations and network equipment, and the appropriate maintenance thereof.
- Administer a small, uniform site alone or assists in the administration of a larger system.
- Monitor IT Help Desk support tickets and resolve them on timely manner. Record, track and document – help desk requests, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT members on the resolution.
- Supporting day to day IT activities including our core business operation which is sequencing of automotive parts to our customer in fast pace environment.
- Design, deploy, maintain servers, virtualization environment, related operating systems software and hardware, Switches, and maintains shop floor computers systems
- Ensure scheduled backup of all Physical and Virtual servers using Veeam backup and recovery application. Test and restore backups as required.
- Perform Microsoft Active Directory related services like, create OUs/Security groups/Distribution groups, add/remove users and respective security groups, add/remove GPO to respective OU etc.
- Perform first level problem determination and resolution on all problems.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate support team.
- Software support focus within the network activity, primarily within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Administrates local network in accordance with wider company procedures and practices to ensure proper integration, works on switching and external connectivity mediums to maintain network integrity, operates using best security practices for local network planning and implementation.
- Maintains telecommunications equipment and systems including new extension provisioning, removal, call handling manipulation and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and consults with shop floor software programmer(s) and assists in the introduction of new systems or alterations.
- Provides in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issue on Broadcast system.
- Develops and produces accurate and timely routine and special reports (using SQL Queries), and data retrievals for staff as needed, and is the point person for managing custom reporting requests
- Backup and Restore SQL Server database as needed.
- Monitor and follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure proper and efficient resolution or to update the client as to the current status.
- Notify appropriate management of priority problems and subsequent resolution.
- Utilize all tools necessary to monitor servers and perform other daily duties.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base for future reference and end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Available for support calls 24/7.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ work experience in related field
- Certifications from accredited schools in computer systems and computer networking
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software
- Solid understanding of LAN’S, WAN’s, TCPIP and VPN’s. Working knowledge of Cisco switches
- Experience with Windows Servers(Server 2016 and above), Hyper-V virtualization
- Practical experience on Microsoft SQL database will be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable to new and changing technology and capable of training users
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.