2nd shift Information Technology Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Ventra Kansas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Administrator’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Administer a small, uniform site alone or assists in the administration of a larger system.
- Perform first level problem determination and resolution on all problems.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate support team.
- Software support focus within the network activity, primarily within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Monitor and follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure proper and efficient resolution or to update the client as to the current status.
- Notify appropriate management of priority problems and subsequent resolution.
- Utilize all tools necessary to monitor servers and perform other daily duties.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Record, track and document – help desk requests, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT members on the resolution.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base for future reference and end users.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 to 8 year work experience in related field required.
- Recommended certificates in information systems
- Recommended completion of a one-year college level curriculum
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 8.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Sequence and SQL experience a plus but not required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly dependable
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.