Industrial / Packaging Engineer
- # of Openings
- Ventra Evart LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Industrial / Packaging Engineer designs, develops, tests, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
Assist in the design and development of work cells and packaging requirements in order to meet customer requirements.
- (Control Plans are currently done by QA)
- Maintain Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents. Conduct monthly reviews for RPN reductions and corrective action updates.
- (Rework instructions are currently done by QA)
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, 5-S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Conduct regular continuous improvement meetings with multiple departments. Document cost saving improvements for monthly review with senior management.
- Create Document Change Notices (DCCF) as related to manufacturing process improvements and update required documents.
- Maintain manufacturing process documentation, Operator Work Instructions, Work Cycle Breakdown, Packaging Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams.
- Conduct cycle time studies for equipment run at rate. Conduct periodic cycle time studies for manufacturing inefficiencies or improvements.
- Maintain press and assembly equipment GAP reports.
- Manage PLM press capacity and press assignments.
- Manage all packaging issues related issues, internal or external. Maintain a fleet log of containers and racks.
- Track and maintain Research and Development projects for periodic reviews for Tax incentives.
- Maintain Customer Tooling and Equipment logs, conduct audits to ensure labeling is maintained. Assist in any customer audits.
- Manage plant lay-out updates and assist with facility construction projects.
- Assist Benchmarking
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Attend program review meetings
- Review packaging feasibility and develop packaging designs and concepts for new and existing projects
- Review program time lines and quantities for packaging requirements
- Present design concepts and prototypes to the Program Manager and APQP Team for acceptance
- Follow up on quotations, prototypes, testing and procurement of packaging for customers, suppliers and manufacturing location itself
- Attend tryouts for early packaging development as required
- Complete required packaging documentation
- Assist in the selection of packaging sources
- Assist in the development of maintenance programs for returnable systems
- Coordinate updates of the Bill of Material for packaging revisions
- University Degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Assist in the launch training for packaging being implemented
- Obtain customer and plant approvals for packaging through required EDI, email and/or customer-specific portals
- Create and update Operator Packaging Instructions
- Create and update Work Cell Layouts
- Create and update Work Cycle breakdown time studies
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4581