Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform all the tasks required to independently setup, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment. These tasks must be performed well enough to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to mechanical failures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Read and understand blueprints technical manuals and work instructions for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Disassemble, reassemble and test complex machinery and sub-assemblies
- Size and determine proper fits of keys, shafts, bearings, using precision tools as required
- Perform bench operations such as drilling, tapping, grinding, welding, fabricating, etc.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Install new machinery as required
- Repair plant and office machinery
- Relocate plant equipment
- Ensure equipment maintenance log is completed
- Perform facility repairs
- Operate an overhead crane and maintain a license to do so
- Operate a forklift and maintain a license to do so
- Ability to weld, fabricate steel assemblies
- Industrial Millwright's license for the Province of Ontario or who has served a bona fide apprenticeship and has a certificate which substantiates a claim of such service
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems or has mechanical aptitude, hydraulics, pneumatics, robots, hydraulic presses, and mechanical presses
- Experience with robotics is an asset
- Willing to work shift rotation (days & afternoons) and steady midnight shift.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.