Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Installs, repairs, maintains, tests and troubleshoots machinery, equipment and supporting structures in an industrial environment according to manufacturers' specifications, layout plans and drawings, and performs general mechanical and fabricating duties as assigned.
- Work and dress safely (i.e. wear proper protective equipment, demonstrate safe use of all machinery and equipment, etc.).
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles and moves machinery and equipment using appropriate tools, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment such as presses, shafting and conveyors
- Constructs foundations for machines
- Assembles and aligns machines and equipment, and ensures they are appropriately fastened to foundation or other structures
- Grinds, files or turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment
- May install robots
- May perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trades workers
- Performs and documents all p.m. activities as directed by Maintenance Manager
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels of spare parts, lubricants, etc.
- Possess a Provincial Trade License, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience maintaining metal stamping presses, coil feeding equipment, servo transfer systems, overhead cranes, compressors and chillers.
- Knowledge of press room equipment, general fabrication and machine rebuilding
- Metal fabricating experience is required
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Electrical background an asset
- Plant Orientation Training
- Job Specific Training
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.