Industrial Maintenance Technician
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Salem is seeking an experience Maintenance Technician for the afternoon and midnight shift.
A Great Opportunity for a talented maintenance person to work with one of the largest privately held companies in the world!! Do you have experience with repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as injection molding machines? Repairing Tow Motors? HVAC? Electrical?
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for daily corrective and preventative maintenance and operational availability of the facility’s production equipment, as well as overall building services.
Incumbent will be working with high voltage and perform preventive maintenance and repair on all equipment related to Injection Molding.
Perform building maintenance as required
Must be able to work an off shift
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience in a light manufacturing enviroment preferred
- 480 volt 3 phase electrical experience
- Deomonstrate the ability to wire equipment to auxiliary panels
- Experience with solid state controls, hydraulic functions & troubleshooting
- Experience with HVAC and large capacity hydrulic compressors
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair molding press support equipment, i.e. dyers, thermolators, pyrometer panels, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical blueprints.
- Some knowledge and prior experience with plumbing is desired
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop arithmetical calculations.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Result-oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills which fosters teamwork and collaboration and develops high quality working relationships to influence, gain support, and achieve results.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to adapt to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to move and traverse throughout manufacturing plant and office area 80-100% of the time
- Must be able to operate fork-lift and position self in seated position when operating vehicle
- Constantly operates manufacturing machinery, tools and other equipment as needed
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service lights, ceiling and other areas up top
- Constantly positions self to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, twist, when needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs, unassisted
- Position requires conversing with all levels of management at satisfactory level
- Position will be exposed to loud noise
- Position will be exposed to heat and cold
- Position requires observing, detecting, judging, estimating and determining by the eyes
- Office environment,
- Plant manufacturing environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5240