Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Electrician 3rd shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is a non-exempt hourly position. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as press, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of repair/construct in wood, cinder block and I-beam; hydraulic and mechanical presses; and repair/upkeep of physical facility and sanitary systems
- Ability to troubleshoot all specialty machines in fabrication
- Ability to weld - - one year stick welding preferred
- Able to operate all maintenance machinery as required
- Able to read electrical schematics and blue prints
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listening to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Sets up dies in all plant presses and performs die maintenance
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repairs or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts devices to test their performance
- Sets up / operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metal working tools to make and repair parts
- Responsible for proper collection, disposal management of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- Maintains all required records
- Has general awareness and knowledge of Quality Polish (TS16949) and Environmental Standards (ISO 14001) and how they affect the department
- Trained on department work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 65 lbs.
- Will climb ladders and be in awkward positions while completing repairs
- Frequent push, pull, lift equipment and tool for general maintenance up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent horizontal reaching, firm/power grip, fine manipulation/pinch grip and standing
- Occasional bending, squatting, climbing
- Must wear goves (Kevlar or rubber), steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, weld gloves, apron, sleeves and shield
- Must have near and far visual acuity, color vision and depth perception for abillity to see others and for safety and for general maintenance and safety
- Able to work in noisy conditions with variable temperatures, heat in winter, but no air-conditioning in summer
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Additional education preferred.
- Must pass the Ramsey Mechanical comprehension test
- Must be able to properly maintain records and/or reports
- Must be able to communicate in English
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8506