- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for the plant facility designs, develops, tests, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- Manage plant lay-out updates and assist with facility construction projects.
- Work with team on capital projects and capital requirements
- Ensure that all production processes operate with proper ergonomics
- Implement new safety and environmental initiatives required by corporate or regulatory/statutory entities.
- Lead the investigations, including development of necessary corrective actions, for safety incidences.
- Develop training programs and be the lead trainer for all EHS training requirements
- Conduct periodic Safety Walks and generate corrective actions for open issues
- Oversee internal and external audits and compliance visits including OSHA, ISO and other compliance agencies. Stay current to all safety and environmental laws
- Develop, implement and track annual Environmental Objectives
- Identify safety and environmental hazards and implement solutions to eliminate or minimize the risk
- Monitor, prepare and oversee all aspects of waste stream approvals, documentation and waste removal
- Track and report on monthly and quarterly safety and environmental data against set goals as well as process OSHA reporting
- Perform new machine safety evaluations
- Maintain guidelines for Visitors and outside contractor
- Emergency response training and improvements
- Train and monitor activities related to Forklift operation, Crane operation, Lockout/Tagout, and PPE
- Storm water permit
- Update internal EHS documents and manuals, as needed
- Directly responsible for ISO 14001 audits and system
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8587