- # of Openings
- Masterguard LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below. Responds to breakdown calls as needed troubleshoot and repair plant equipment, install plant equipment and make modifications to programs and equipment as required. Plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
- Must have a basic knowledge of: Mechanical Systems or have Mechanical Aptitude, Electrical Systems, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Robots, Hydraulic and Mechanical Presses
- Must be able to read electrical schematics, troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures and root causes, and repair all plant equipment using both hardware and software
- Must be skilled in the use of personal computers/laptops and related software applications (primarily Allen Bradley PLC software and Windows operating system, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Must be able to plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Must be able to measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit as well as pull wire through conduit.
- Must be able to install control and distribution devices such as switches, relays and distribution panels
- Must be able to install or repair lighting and maintain upkeep of the physical facility
- Must be able to use an Ohm/voltmeter, ammeter and oscilloscope testing equipment
- Must be able to observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and needs for adjustment
- Must have ability to analyze and solve problems
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interprets procedures. Ability to communicate both verbally and written to managers, supervisors and coworkers.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Must be able to work as a member of a team in a cooperative work environment
- Must be able to perform at fast pace and high pressure
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work with flexibility
- Must furnish own tool box
- All other duties as assigned
- Education or Equivalent Level Required: 2 years formal training plus 2 years practical experience or 4 years practical experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills required
- Knowledge of automotive industry preferable
- Proven attention to detail
- Detail-oriented and punctual with deadlines
- Ability to perform high quality work in short time frames
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet and on top of equipment, in a safe manner, when needed.
- Lifting requirements range from 30-75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions including lying on back and working overhead, pulling wire overhead
- Must be able to safely operate cranes, hoists, forklift and man-lift.
- Must be able to work in variable temperatures inside and outside from subzero to 130 F.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3547