- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Work within a team of maintenance personnel to repair, troubleshoot and maintain injection molding equipment and electrical systems including building, robotics, PLC’s and distribution equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting on production equipment throughout the plant with the goal of keeping equipment operational to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to electrical failures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures and identify root cause for electrical equipment throughout plant - using both hardware and software
- Read and understand electrical schematics and effectively trouble-shoot electrical controls
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Install control and distribution devices such as switches, relays and distribution panels
- Design and install wiring and programs for equipment
- Install or repair lighting and upkeep of the physical facility
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials
- Avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit
- Use the following test equipment: Ohm/voltmeter, ammeter and oscilloscope
- Knowledge of PLC, ladder logic, prox’s and sensors
- Experience with robotics is an asset
- 442A Industrial Electrician's license for the Province of Ontario;
- 309A Electrician - Construction & Maintenance license for the Province of Ontario with proven experience in a manufacturing environment
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Certification - served a bona fide apprenticeship and has a certificate which substantiates a claim of such service within Canada;
- Willing to work days, afternoons & midnight shifts – midnights is most likely shift based on contractual obligations
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.