- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on production equipment throughout the plant with the goal of keeping equipment operational to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to mechanical or electrical failures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for electrical
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment
- equipment throughout plant, using both hardware and software
- Read and understand electrical schematics and effectively troubleshoot electrical controls
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Install control and distribution of devices such as switches, relays and distribution panels
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Must be able to troubleshoot and program PLC Logic
- Will be required to work on all aspects of automation, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical
- Licensed Electrician required
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate
- Adhere to requests from supervisors, lead hands
- Prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision
- Complete tasks efficiently and timely
- Must be able to trouble shoot HMS transfer systems
- Capability to recognize and design electrical blue prints and PLC ladder diagram
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.