Human Resources Manager
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for the operation of the HR function including human relations, strategic planning, salary administration, labor relations, training and development, legal updates and compliance issues, plant wide communication coordination, coordination of HR services at facilities, succession planning, leadership development, performance management, workforce planning, and other HR initiatives.
- Analyzes wage and salary data to determine competitive compensation plan. When necessary submit market data and recommendation to the Human Resources Director for analysis.
- Maintain FNG open door policy and create communication plan to keep employees abreast of company items.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and recommend edits to policies, procedures, and reporting to ensure compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for reporting.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization. Ensure salary administration remains equitable and competitive for the area.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Maintain processes to ensure the effective delivery of HR functions.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective management team to stay abreast of the facility needs and challenges.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for facility positions and employees.
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience administering human resources and/or labor relations management in a manufacturing environment. (union and non-union)
- Prior Human Resources Management Experience – (5 to 7 yrs.)
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Possess accurate and updated knowledge of Federal and State laws applicable to wages, hours, working conditions, safety, labor relations and etc. to ensure compliance with State and Federal legal requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Participation in local collective bargaining efforts.
- Experience developing and driving creative programs to attract and engage employees.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.