Human Resources Manager
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resource Manager establishes the tactical and strategic Human Resource leadership at the plant level. Uses principles and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of the short and long term business goals. Expertise in solving problems and the execution of objectives. Partners with the plant and support the implementation of company-wide Human Resource projects.
- Understands and interprets HR policies and procedures and interprets the intent, spirit, and terms of each associates and managers. Explains to associates all company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and the need for compliance.
- Counsels management in the application of effective associate relations policies and practices. Verifies adherence to associate relations, policies and practices day – to – day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Recommend revisions or drafts of new associate relations, policies and procedures required. Presents to the HR Director for approval.
- Screens, counsels, and recommends associates for participation in training and education programs. Coordinates associate participation in established training courses offered through community schools, professional service providers, and other vendors.
- Recruits and hires all levels of personnel for company needs and establishes company recruitment and hiring procedures. Monitors staffing requirements for all departments.
- Manages preparation of associate separation notices and related documentation, and exit interviews to determine reasons behind all separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Manages new associate orientation to foster positive attitude toward the company goals.
- May represent the organization at personnel related hearings and investigations and acts as the company representative for all legal proceedings against the company (EEOC, NLRB, Arbitrations).
- Oversees worker compensation program to minimize costs and coordinate problem areas with the insurance carrier.
- Participates in and conducts problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for providing specialist industrial relations and public relations services for the facility.
- Ensures new employees receive necessary training; ensures all employees receive necessary training.
- Gate keeper of all training records and files.
- Directly supervises associates in the Human Resources Department. Responsibilities included interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monthly reporting of Departmental Metrics in Share Point.
- Responsible for all dealing concerning Employee Benefits, including: Health, Dental, Vision Life & Supplemental insurances; 401K; and all Unemployment Compensation; Workers Compensation.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- University Degree in related field or;
- Community College diploma in related field or;
- Five years’ experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Health and Safety is an asset
- Payroll experience is required
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, financial reports, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, associates, and or managers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to participate in developing procedures manuals and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.