Human Resources Manager- Corporate
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resources Manager establishes the tactical and strategic Human Resource leadership throughout the Corporate Offices. Uses principals and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of the short and long term business goals. Expertise in solving problems and the execution of objectives. Partners with the Corporate Executives to support the implementation of company-wide Human Resource projects.
- Understands and interprets HR policies and procedures and interprets the intent, spirit, and terms employees and managers.
- Immigration Processing
- Intern Oversight
- LOA, FMLA, and STD Administration
- Payroll oversight
- Oversight and Administration of Employee Performance and Development
- Administer recruitment cycle via HRIS Systems
- Process transfer requests through the Applicant Tracking System- iCIMS
- Recommend revisions or drafts of new policies and procedures required. Presents to the HR Director for approval.
- Screens, counsels, and recommends employees for participation in training and education programs. Coordinates employee participation in established training courses offered through community schools, professional service providers, and other vendors.
- Recruits and hires all levels of personnel for company needs and establishes company recruitment and hiring procedures. Monitors staffing requirements for all departments.
- Manages preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and exit interviews to determine reasons behind all separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce turnover.
- Community Outreach efforts
- Manages new employee orientation/onboarding process to foster positive attitude toward the company goals.
- May represent the organization at hearings and investigations and acts as the company representative for all legal proceedings against the company (EEOC, NLRB, Arbitrations).
- Oversees worker compensation program to minimize costs and coordinate problem areas with the insurance carrier.
- Participates in and conducts problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensures all employees receive necessary training.
- Gate keeper of all training records and files.
- Monthly reporting of departmental metrics in Share Point.
- Responsible for all employees dealing concerning Employee Benefits, including: Health, Dental, Vision Life & Supplemental insurances; 401K; and all Unemployment Compensation; Workers Compensation.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System as stated in the EMS Policy
- Oversight of multiple locations supporting Sales,Engineering and Corporate services.
- Manage site HR team members
- BS Degree in related field
- Five years experience in Human Resources; Corporate Human Resources experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, financial reports, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees, and or managers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to participate in developing procedures manuals and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and employees.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System- Cornerstone
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.