Human Resources Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Human Resources staff, and plant supervisors and managers. The Human Resources Coordinator has responsibility for non-exempt recruiting and onboarding. The Human Resources Coordinator works to ensure positive employee relations, and is also involved in training, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment law.
- Administers and maintains employee payroll files, including updating employee records of salary and/or personnel changes, processing payroll transactions on a weekly basis, and communicating with Ceridian Payroll Representatives regarding problems with payroll software and/or transactions
- Maintains Company Payroll Records in compliance with Revenue Canada legal standards, including Payroll Registrar, EHT Remittances, Source Deductions, Year End preparations, T4’s etc.
- Maintain HRIS any Payroll n Systems
- Processes, tracks, and files all vacation requests, emergency leaves etc.
- Answers and processes calls from the hourly attendance line on a daily basis
- Performs monthly administration and payment of all garnishees, and issuing ROEs as required
- Liaise with Human Resources Manager for enrollment of employees in Group RRSP program,
- Prepare monthly RRSP payments and enter data electronically
- Prepares hourly benefit packages and is responsible for the enrollment and maintenance of benefit coverages
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager as required
- Maintains training records for hourly employees
- Processes 20-120 Day Reviews and Stage reviews
- Responsible for the monthly journal entry and various payroll reports
- Supports production as required
- Assists with resume screening, reference checking and orientation as required
- Assists with human resources issues as required
- Special duties as required
- Community College Certificate – Human Resources Management
- Minimum 2 years in HR and payroll experience using Ceridian and time keeping system
- HRIS experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 7075