Human Resources Coordinator - Labor Generalist
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Scope of the Position
The Human Resources Coordinator - Labor Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a proffesssional and confidential level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Staff, Plant Supervisors, and Managers. This position will work closely with all aspects of Human Resources and Union officials to ensure positive employee relations and is also involved in training, staffing, policy implementation, recruitment, payroll and benefit administration and employment law.
- Maintane confidentiality of personal employee information, company information, records, and related issues in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Administration of employee transfers, leaves of absence, change of status, and change of all employee information.
- Collection of new hire information, entering information into the HRIS and Timekeeper system.
- Communicating with employees about any issues, questions, and concerns.
- Responsible for Labor Agreement job bidding process, shift preferences/changes, and department staffing requirements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and Assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Enrollments, COBRA, terminations, qualifying life event changes , beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDRO’s, QMCSO’s, distributions, loans, and hardships.
- Oversee maintenance of employee personal and benefit files and updating of employee payroll records.
- The ability to work as a team with Human Resources, Labor Organizations, Accounting and Production departments on all employee benefit issues.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Poll electronic time clocks (E-time software) and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed punches or deviations from the base schedule. Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
Bachelor's degree preferred, along with three (3) to five (5) years related Human Resources experience. Preferably in a large unionized manufacturing setting.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plan designs.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook and online applications.
- Working knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Job Reference #: 5115