Human Resources Coordinator - Generalist
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resource Coordinator - Generalist originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee - oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This person will be the HR contact on 2nd/3rd Shift for 500+ employees; including union representatives, supervisors and hourly staff.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by filtering questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedure documentation.
- Maintain Time and Attendance and issue attendance occurrences and level of discipline if necessary.
- Maintain employee records/data in the HRIS System as well as the employee’s file.
- Interview, evaluate, and discipline personnel.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and teams.
- Advise staff on organizational and regulatory policies. Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contract, TS Standards and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Associates and or Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least three to five years’ experience in Human Resource, preferrable automotive industry.
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift and have union/labor relations experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
- Basic Mathematical skills and Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4328