- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are currently looking to find Human Resource Coordinators in the Southeast Michigan area, with responsibilites for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level in a Manufacturing plant setting. This role works closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Human Resources staff, plant supervisors and managers. The Human Resources Coordinator will work on recruiting and onboarding exempt and non-exempt employees. The Human Resources Coordinator works to ensure positive employee relations, and be involved in payroll preparation, training, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment law.
- ·Recruitment of Hourly and Salartied open positions
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal employee information, company information, records, and related issues in accordance with all the applicable laws.
· Administration of all employee transfers, leave of absence, change of status and change of employee information.
· Collection of new hire information for payroll, entering information into the HRIS system and the Timekeeping system.
- · Filing of documents pertaining to employee personnel files, medical files, and work compensation files.
- · Responsible for all contract job bidding procedures, including job bid postings, shift preferences, changes in shift start times.
- · Answering and assisting employees and agencies with employment and wage verification forms and questions.
- · Communication with employees about any issues, questions, and concerns. Posting notice of all communication throughout the plant.
- · Answering all incoming calls for the Human Resources Department and directing employees, vendors, and public to the appropriate person or answering questions if possible.
- · Administration of employee benefits, including: Health Insurance, 401K/RRSP/Pension, Company Life Insurance, Vacation.
- · Responsibility for hourly payroll, preparation.
- · Additional Duties as assigned.
· Four year College Degree preferred
· Five years’ experience in Human Resources
· Basic Mathematical skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
· Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
· Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
· Strong analytical ability
· Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
· Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
· Proven good presentation skills.
· Good presentation skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
· Detail oriented
· Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.