HR Coordinator- 3rd shift
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Scope of the Position
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Human Resources staff, and plant supervisors and managers. The Human Resources Coordinator may assist with recruiting and onboarding as required. The Human Resources Coordinator works to ensure positive employee relations, and may also involved in payroll preparation, training, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment law.
- Collection of new hire information for payroll, entering information into the HRIS system and the Timekeeping system.
- Filing of documents pertaining to employee personnel files, medical files, and work compensation files.
- Responsible for all contract job bidding procedures, including job bid postings, shift preferences, changes in shift start times.
- Answering and assisting employees and agencies with employment and wage verification forms and questions.
- Communication with employees about any issues, questions, and concerns. As well, as posting notice of all communication throughout the plant.
- Answering all incoming calls for the Human Resources Department and directing employees, vendors, and public to the appropriate person or answering questions if possible.
- Administration of employee benefits, including: Health Insurance, 401K/RRSP/Pension, Company Life Insurance, Vacation.
- Responsibility for hourly payroll, preparation.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- Work the 3rd shift- 11-7:30am
- Four year College Degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in Human Resources
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
- Basic Mathematical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
Job Reference #: 2564