Health and Safety Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Technician.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked Flex 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Champion workplace safety. Implementing and leading the Health and Safety program ensuring compliance with H&S and applicable regulatory standards.
- Provide H&S guidance, technical support and coordinate activities and processes
- Oversee the development, management, implementation and sustainability of a varity of H&S programs to ensure regulatory compliance by local, state, and federal agencies
- Complete risk assessments and job hazard analysis
- Scheduling and conducting training that meets OSHA standards to educate associates on safe and conscious work practices; company policies and programs
- Develop, train and manage health and safety at all levels
- Develop and implement action plans for reducing worker’s comp costs
- Support incident investigations, determining root cause, developing corrective actions, preparing safety alerts and conducting closure verification activities.
- Coordinating risk assessments and working to deploy corrective measures to continuously reduce site hazard risks
- Manage 1st responder team
- Manage OSHA Accident/ Injury log
- Advise Staff of trends in Lost Time Accidents, Severity and Recordable Trends, Near Miss trends
- Plan and direct safety and industrial hygiene services required for annual testing and new product launch
- To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent should have a BS degree in Safety Management or related degree. Professional certification in Safety is a plus. (i.e. ASP, CSP, certified competent person Fall protection, Scaffold, First responder etc.)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years or equivalent experience in managing technical occupational safety and health complaince issues and complex activities
- Understanding of OSHA, MIOSHA, NFPA, ANSI and all other governmental regulations which apply to industrial operations.
- Familiar with NFPA Life Safety Code, fire safety practices and property insurance requirements.
- Familiar with Industrial Hygiene principles used to evaluate chemical selection, use and storage, and employee exposures to hazardous work operations
- Good communication skills both oral, written and math. Organizational ability, detail-minded. Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications, including Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel