Health and Safety Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- Implement and maintain health and safety programs which will ensure regulatory and customer compliance.
- Ensure appropriate training is completed by all personnel.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and teams.
- Investigate industrial accidents and near misses and review and report findings.
- Participate in Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow-up as problems occur.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques to reduce injuries and improve facility safety.
- Maintain all reporting requirements on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis for air, water, hazardous waste, and storm water discharges.
- Reduce or minimize disposal for all waste streams.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, IATF16949, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Coordinating quality program with training, operating procedures, and reviewing vendors.
- Participate in all internal and external audits.
- Up to date knowledge of state and federal laws and OSHA/EPA regulations
- Conducted EHS training
- Worked in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of three  years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment or BS degree in EHS or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Science or Engineering
- Have a background in quality of processes and part inspection
- Be a problem solver and work well independently and in a team environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.