Health & Safety Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Are You Safety Driven? Do you Enjoy meeting or beating goals? Do you Enjoying Motivating People? If answered yes, Ventra Salem has a Opportunity for a TOP of the Line SAFETY COORDINATOR to Lead the Team!!
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for employee compliance, communication, implementation, and monitoring of Health & Safety programs to protect the organization’s most important assets: its people, its equipment and facilities, and ultimately its reputation. Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements, act as a resource and subject matter expert for employees in matters relating to occupational health and safety concerns.
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all Ventra’s employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for supervisors and field employees, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports. Responsible for overall administration of workers compensation program.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.
- Assist line and staff management in understanding OSHA and Environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections and citations.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Write safety standards for electrical utility departments in compliance with industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement complex safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in electrical utility areas.
- Work with the Plant Supervisors, Managers and corporate safety to establish and manages targets and long range goals and objectives as they relate to safety and environmental.
- Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced occupational safety personnel.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Purchase of all safety supplies, products or training items required.
- Manage the Health Screeners: Work Schedule: Approve hours.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with TPA and maintain accident information and monitor
- BS./B.A. degree in related field or;
- 1 - 3 years safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
- Safety certification training is considered a strong asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.