Health and Safety Coordinator 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Technician.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked Flex 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Champion workplace safety. Implementing and leading the Health and Safety program ensuring compliance with H&S and applicable regulatory standards.
Scope of the Position
2nd Shift Position
- Provide H&S guidance, technical support and coordinate activities and processes
- Oversee the development, management, implementation and sustainability of a varity of H&S programs to ensure regulatory compliance by local, state, and federal agencies
- Complete risk assessments and job hazard analysis
- Scheduling and conducting training that meets OSHA standards to educate associates on safe and conscious work practices; company policies and programs
- Develop, train and manage health and safety at all levels
- Develop and implement action plans for reducing worker’s comp costs
- Support incident investigations, determining root cause, developing corrective actions, preparing safety alerts and conducting closure verification activities.
- Coordinating risk assessments and working to deploy corrective measures to continuously reduce site hazard risks
- Manage First responder team
- Manage OSHA Accident/ Injury log
- Advise Staff of trends in Lost Time Accidents, Severity and Recordable Trends, Near Miss trends
- Plan and direct safety and industrial hygiene services required for annual testing and new product launch
- To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent should have a BS degree in Safety Management or related degree. Professional certification in Safety is a plus. (i.e. ASP, CSP, certified competent person Fall protection, Scaffold, First responder etc.)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years or equivalent experience in managing technical occupational safety and health complaince issues and complex activities
- Understanding of OSHA, MIOSHA, NFPA, ANSI and all other governmental regulations which apply to industrial operations.
- Familiar with NFPA Life Safety Code, fire safety practices and property insurance requirements.
- Familiar with Industrial Hygiene principles used to evaluate chemical selection, use and storage, and employee exposures to hazardous work operations
- Good communication skills both oral, written and math. Organizational ability, detail-minded. Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications, including Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8304