Hand Welder - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Welds (robotic and hand) together metal components with electric arc-welding equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads and unloads weld fixtures
- Identifies and corrects alarm situation
- Identifies all machines and tools used in welding
- Capable of “spot” and “mig” welding
- Efficiently operates a “teach box”
- Maneuvers robot out of a missing arc alarm
- Changes wire barrel, tip and re-feed wire through torch as required
- Identifies all parts required to complete welding in assembly
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld lines maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead as judged from color of metal, sound of weld and size of molten puddle
- Performs welds flat or horizontal
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repairs parts and fills holes
- Trained on work instructions and easily identifies work instruction location in department
- Has general awareness of safety requirements and regulations
- Understands the requirement and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Has general awareness and knowledge of Quality Polish (IATF 16949) and Environmental Standards (ISO 14001) and how they affect the department
- Must have good attendance and solid safety record
- All other duties as assigned
- Frequent lifting of 5 lb. brackets, 16 lb. channels, 26 lb. finished product and 37 lbs. box of nuts.
- Constant horizontal reaching, simple grasping, firm/power grip.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Near Vision Acuity, Color Vision and Depth Perception required for product inspection.
- Wears Kevlar gloves & sleeves, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear protection.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4999