GR5 Team Leader
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Assist Supervisor with day-to day operations of the department to ensure customer requirements are met while ensuring procedures are followed to provide a safe working environment.
- Coordinates the activities of department staff. Responsible to ensure new associates are properly trained. Ensure that all associates are working together in an effective and cooperative manner to complete job requirements as quickly and completely as possible per work instructions and standard work. Must be cross-trained as a competent back up for all jobs within the department.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels. Schedule staff to cover necessary department needs. Verify the implementation of solutions when directed to do so.
- Ensure all work is performed to work instructions. Must also communicate effectively with all internal and external customers. Provide production operators with an adequate supply of required materials, parts, components and packaging. Return required materials, parts, components, and packaging to designated storage areas at the completion of each production run. Transport finished parts to the next required operation, or the correct storage location.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude throughout the workday.
- Must be flexible for change, be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Discusses work-place issues with management staff / co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive results. Initiate, recommend, or provide documentation to assist in associate discipline, when needed. Communicates issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift.
- Complete reports for all safety issues, work place injuries, and environmental incidents immediately upon notification. Work with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Responsible for maintaining standards as they relate to housekeeping in your assigned work area. Maintains compliance to company policies, work rules, safety & housekeeping standards.
- Preferably, be able to drive hi-lo and properly licensed.
- Carry out the Supervisor/Manager’s instructions when not in department. Team Leader is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of business unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous leadership experience preferred. Basic computer skills and previous experience in department posting refers to is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standardized procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.