GR5 RTR (RELIEF, TRAINING & REPAIR) PLASTIC INJ. MOLD/ASSEMBLY DEPT
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Train operators in their job duties. THis includes understanding the process book, operator instruction sheets, standardized work, control plans, visual aids, and packaging specifications. The job objective is to assist the supervisor to ensure production rates, schedules, quality and quantity goals are met safely. It is also the RTR responsibility to ensure operators have the proper tools, equipment and WIP product to perform their job effectively.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Safely operates and is able to demonstrate and train operators on a variety of manufacturing equipment to produce quality parts at designated rates.
- Supports meeting goals of on time shipments without shortages.
- Completes production scoreboards daily.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative, team attitude throughout the day.
- Addresses workplace issues with Supervisors/Managers/Co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive solutions.
- Sets up next shift and production staff to succeed and communicates shift change needs successfully.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard.
- Performs all duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Follows help chain of command, as needed
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Outstanding attendance is needed for this role.
Previous experience in an automotive manufacturing environment, a plus.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.