GR5 Process Technician - Molding
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is to change over, set-up and adjust Injection Molding Machinery (IMM) to run production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintain IMM machinery and equipment
- Start up IMM processes
- Adjust and maintain press process to mold quality parts
- 1st piece buy off is submitted for approval
- Monitor processes and cycle times
- Ability to communicate and lead.
- Accurately complete all paperwork required. Repair orders, Change logs, Startup checklist, 1st piece buyoff, startup scrap.
- Familiarity with PC/ABS, ABS, Polypro, Acrylic, glass filled nylon, and PC materials.
- Experience with horizontal IMM’s, Toggle, Hydraulic ram, and multi shot / multicolor.
- Press types include Engle, Vandorn, Cincinati, Mitsubishi. Tonnage range’s 150 – 1650Ton.
- Change over manufacturing equipment which includes auxiliary equipment.
- Troubleshoots technical issues.
- Works to ensure change over time is as minimal as possible
- Performs safety checks on equipment as per standards
- Maintains compliance to company policies, work rules, safety standards & housekeeping policies.
Works with team members/management to attain company goals of:
- On time delivery of 100%
- Reduce Scrap by 50% each year.
- 0% work related injuries.
- Use 5-S principles.HOUSEKEEPING:Responsible for maintaining 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the assigned work area. Duties include but are not limited to sweeping, emptying trash, disposing of cardboard, and returning any item used to its appropriate storage area.Responsible for placing stock square in the workstation and placed in its assigned spot.Maintains stock and keeps product stacked & properly identified at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the job duties satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Valid drivers ID, High school diploma or GED, College background helpful, 3+ years experience.
Solid knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment and processes is required.
Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English and interpret directions and / or safety precautions on items such as equipment, cleaning agent containers or plant postings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate is required to stand while performing job functions. The associate is required to talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; also required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Lifting or moving objects of up to 29 pounds is to be expected; lifting heavier objects is accomplished with lifting assistance from either equipment or other workers.
The associate is required to work in a fast paced environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment may be loud and there are areas or work centers on the production floor where hearing protection is required. Particularly during summer months, the temperature of the work area may rise above 80 degrees.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4133