GR5 Process Tech III- "Molding Technician"
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for the process troubleshooting and setup of injection molds and machines with a focus on safety, quality and productivity throughout all aspects of the molding process, with the ultimate goal of on time delivery of quality parts to customers.
- Start up, shut down, and monitor injection molding processes to produce products that meet the quality standards of the customers
- Troubleshoot and diagnose molding defects such as short shots and flash
- Collaborates with Supervisor to meet the daily changing priorities of mold changes, press startups, and any tooling issues
- Perform simple tool maintenance
- Responsible to submit 1st piece buy off for approval
- Act as a molding subject matter expert on the production floor
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment used within the injection molding process: dryers, hoppers, color mixers, loaders, thermolators, robots, sprue pickers, hot runner controllers, etc
- Assist in the execution of capability improvements and cost avoidance/savings opportunities
- Ensure standardization of systems and processes across production shifts and teams
- Continually seek process and system improvements to increase process capability, production yields, and productivity
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork; Documents process changes and activities during shift
- Ability to perform Die Setter duties as needed
- Works to minimize change-over time while maintaining SAFETY and accuracy
- Responsible for eliminating and reporting SAFETY Hazards, electrical cords, air lines, oil or water on floor
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard; Performs all duties in an environmentally responsible manner
- Ensures LOCK-OUT / TAG-OUT procedures are followed when working on equipment
- Follow without exception all SAFETY precautions
- Follows help chain as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Experience in Plastic Injection Molding in preferred. A high school diploma/GED + technical certifications/ college is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, equipment manuals, technical reports and various documentation related to successful performance of position. Capable of communicating effectively with all company associates and vendors.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.