GR5 Process Tech II Molding- "Die Setter"
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform change overs per the production schedule and all emergency mold changes as they arise in a safe, timely and accurate manner. Our ultimate goal is on time delivery of quality parts to customers.
- Understands and can identify the basic components of a mold
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and maintain mold change equipment
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead crane
- Ability to read and understand set-up cards
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork
- Performs all aspects of setting jobs for production; mold change, robots, fixtures, etc
- Has the ability to determine the appropriate Knock Outs/Ejector Bars setup
- Knows why and how to inspect platen holes, bolts, cranes, and chains, and lift lugs
- Responsible for hooking up water, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic lines, knockout bars, setting up hot runners, and verify all auxiliary equipment is functioning as intended
- Has the ability to make repairs to auxiliary lines including replacing lines, replacing O-rings, and replacing fittings
- Responsible for repairing any fluid or air leaks relating to the die
- Responsible for maintaining the orderly appearance of all die storage
- Works to minimize change-over time while maintaining SAFETY and accuracy
- Responsible for eliminating and reporting SAFETY Hazards, electrical cords, air lines, oil or water on floor
- Comply with job rotation requirements
- Ability to perform Resin Handlers duties as needed
- Ensures LOCK-OUT / TAG-OUT procedures are followed when working on equipment
- Attend required training per requirements and provide training to other employees when necessary
- Assist in maintaining equipment by filling die repair orders and maintenance repair orders
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard. Performs all duties in an environmentally responsible manner
- Follow without exception all SAFETY precautions
- Follows help chain as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Experience in Plastic Injection Molding in preferred. A high school diploma/GED is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, equipment manuals, technical reports and various documentation related to successful performance of position. Capable of communicating effectively with all company associates and vendors.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.