GR5 Maintenance Technician II
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on auxiliary equipment, injection molding machines, assembly equipment, and robots.
Perform miscellaneous duties involving other tasks associated within the plant as assigned by the supervisor.
- Service Injection Mold machines using hand tools and power tools for full completion of required maintenance projects.
- Ability to work on their own. Do the scheduled PMs for the month and perform the required maintenance on the equipment.
- Must be able to operate a fork truck, lifts, and cranes.
- Able to use Maximo (the PM program) to look up parts, complete work orders, enter their times, and open new work orders for repairs if needed.
- Able to use a Digital Multi Meter to check for voltage and current needed during PMs.
- Able to use the manuals on the equipment to look up parts need and procedures for PMs.
- Assist the Tech I/II with repairs, troubleshooting, and installation of equipment.
- Keep work areas free of grease and oil.
- Maintain 5S.
- Performs other duties as directed by their supervisor.
- Follows ISO 14001 requirements per standards.
- Follows TS 16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Perform daily molding machine/safety inspections.
- Understands and follows LOTO (Lock out Tag out) procedures
- High school diploma / GED / or equivalent maintenance experience and the ability to learn/gain knowledge. Ability to work on their own & good communication skills.
- Have own hand tools.
- Some experience in mechanical and hydraulics & Basic math skills.
- 5+ Years experience in Manufacturing Maintenance role.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.