GR5 Maintenance Technician I - 1st Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures. They ensure that heating and plumbing systems perform at optimum functionality.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Conduct maintenance of electrical systems
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety regulations
- Support the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Demonstrated experience as a maintenance technician (min. 2 years)
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including small hand tools
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.