GR5 Automation Engineer - 1st shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Engineer develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated programs throughout the facility by implementing and maintaining automation projects and equipment.
- Contacts suppliers for quotations of equipment and reviews output quantity, quality, process reliability and downtime of equipment;
- Implements new equipment in plant and co-ordinates activities with maintenance;
- Organizes and maintains project schedules by communicating with both plant personnel and supplier’s timing requirements;
- Develops project objectives by conferring with management regarding design, set-up and maintenance;
- Determines project specifications by preparing cost estimates;
- Develop new automation processes;
- Develop and implement training programs for all new equipment and automation cells;
- Identifies and reviews various sources for required equipment and determines criteria for which equipment is to be evaluated with input from a cross-functional team;
- Confirms product performance by conducting capability tests/trials on prototype orders and time studies;
- Conducts continuous improvement studies through automation designing, cost-benefit analysis and maintenance;
- Ensure procurement of equipment that matches the intended needs and savings;
- Establishing and bring all equipment up to both mechanical and electrical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred but experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing technology required.
- Competency with Fanuc & Nachi robotics.
- Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Panel View series)
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment.
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4296