Global Vice President of Human Resources
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Global Vice President of Human Resources provides leadership and guidance to the organization’s global HR operations in a manner that advances the company’s strategic goals and transferring the organizational goals into an HR vision and ensuring the overall organizational policies and procedures support those requirements, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements. The Vice President must support continuous improvement to optimize efficiency and develop a motivated, high performing team that has strong relationships across the organization to achieve operational excellence.
The individual chosen can have their home office in either Sterling Heights or Allen Park, MI corporate offices or in our Corporate office in Windsor, Canada.
- Exhibit positive leadership and act with the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Establish departmental goals and drive operational excellence in the HR function
- Collaborate with the executive staff in developing the company’s strategy and then develop and execute HR strategies to further those objectives
- Ensure compliance with all HR, regulatory requirements in all operational jurisdictions
- Lead the development of standard practices and implement procedures to ensure the consistent application
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, talent management, benefits, compensation, recruiting and retention.
- Use organizational development principles to drive the company’s effectiveness and performance and ability to solve problems through the alignment of strategy, structure, people, metrics, rewards, and management processes.
- Lead continuous improvement activity in the HR function to improve efficiency through eliminating waste and automating and improving processes
- Lead the talent management process and work with executive peers to ensure the company is training and developing employees and recruiting to successfully meet our goals
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs
- Develop methods, systems, and programs to maintain and improve employee relations to keep employees motivated, loyal, and engaged in their work
- Lead or manage internal investigations of alleged violations of the corporate code of conduct
- Provide leadership and oversite of union negotiations
- Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team including assisting with the resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- Develop and execute the annual HR budget/expenditures
- Ensure all employee information is kept confidential and secure
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Human Resources major.
- Automotive Manufacturing experience at a large Tier 1 Supplier preferred
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in Human Resources with five (5) years in a senior HR role required.
- Cultural competency and awareness, working with a diverse and global workforce.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid organization, process, and planning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including international.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong strategic and business acumen
- Global mindset (prior experience working with global teams is preferred)
- Executive leadership presence
- Outstanding communication, coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Able to energize and inspire others to commit to and take action on business priorities, especially when driving change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to quickly assess situations and make judgments based on practice or previous experience
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive\diverse workforce
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.